|"POP TEAM EPIC"|
|First included in||Taiko no Tatsujin: Blue Version|
|Released||January 31, 2018|
|Performed by||Sumire Uesaka|
|In fictional works|
|Featured in||Pop Team Epic|
|Type||Opening theme song (ep2 - 10)|
"POP TEAM EPIC" is a song performed by Sumire Uesaka.
About the song
The maxi-single CD release of the same name was released on January 31, 2018 and is Uesaka's 9th major single.
It was used as the opening theme song for the 2018 TV anime adaptation of the self-claimed crappy four-panel manga Pop Team Epic. Note that Uesaka had also voiced Pipimi in A-part of episode 3 of the anime.
It was first in introduced in Taiko no Tatsujin: Blue Version since launch.
Unlike other licensed songs, the original audio master was used.
List of games
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Blue Version (JP Ver. 0.05/SEA Ver. 0.03) (Debut)
- Please be aware that the following is for the TV-size version of the song as it was originally featured in the anime/video game series.
|Japanese Kanji||Japanese Rōmaji||English Translation|
- Although there are several songs ("INSIDE IDENTITY", "GOIN’!!" to name a few) that Uesaka performs as part of the music units, this is Uesaka's first solo song to be included in Taiko no Tatsujin series.
- As a collaboration between the anime and Taiko no Tatsujin series, playing the song in Waiwai Play Mode will shows the song-exclusive lucky notes. Those are: Popuko, Pipimi and the Takeshobo building.
- As an usual running gag from the manga and anime, hitting the Takeshobo building lucky note will destroy it rather than sent it flying as most lucky notes do.